Orchard Spanish Dual Immersion Information
Applications accepted for 2022-23 first graders December 15, 2021-January 31, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
- Spanish opens the doors to many domestic and international career opportunities.
- Sophisticated professions such as those in medicine, international distribution, the oil and gas industry, power generation, luxury goods, aviation and other transportation technologies encompass extensive Spanish-speaking networks.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is also an asset in the fields of literature, the fine arts, gastronomy, cinema, law, and business. Scores of major international businesses and organizations, as well as American companies, regularly recruit candidates who speak Spanish.
- Students who learn Spanish perform better on standardized tests since more than 50% of modern-day English words trace their origins to Spanish. This means that Spanish has a relatively quick learning curve, which boosts a student’s confidence.
- The application window opens December 15, 2021. Those interested in applying for Dual Language Immersion may fill out the application online.
- Visit the parent information online presentation. Here is the Slideshow presentation about the Dual Language Immersion programs in Alpine School District.
- Applications must be received no later than 6:00 p.m. on January 31, 2022.
- The lottery will be held in the beginning of February 2022.
- Acceptance letters will be sent no later than February 14, 2022.
- If your child is accepted, you will be given a Parent Commitment form. Commitment forms must be turned in by Friday, February 25, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. Your child’s enrollment is not final until the form is received.
Other Spanish Immersion Links